Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spinning Wheel

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That goes out to Hanks Yarn & Fiber in Gainesville. I've been toying with the idea of getting a spinning wheel, but haven't had the opportunity to try one out until now. They had a wonderful used Ashford Traditional and they are allowing me to "rent" for 2 weeks. There was no high pressure sales, just lots of help and hints. Thanks again to Sharon, Lorena & Ginger.

I've only had it 1 day so far and I am loving the speed at which I can spin in comparison to my spindle. Not only that, but it is all pretty intuitive. I am having such a great time with it. The only challenge was getting it home! I am sure that it enjoyed the ride in the back seat, especially because it was safely strapped in.

Now, there are really only 2 tasks left to accomplish. #1 Give the wheel a name, because OBVIOUSLY she needs one. #2 Convince my husband to let me keep her!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad you got to keep your pretty girl.

    And I hear you about the webcam. My husband is leaving for two weeks (A drop in the bucket compared to your separation, but no fun nonetheless.) and we just tested out our webcams to make sure we can see each other while he's away. Love the technology!

    ---Sharon

    ReplyDelete